My 2019 up-coming races include:
I am uncertain of my plans for the remainder of 2019 at this stage, but they may include:
- 8 to 9 June – Continental Centurions Race in Weert, Netherlands
- 26-29 June – Thames Ring 250
This race is only held every second year. I DNF’d at 132 miles in 2017. The plan in 2019 is to finish it!
- 13-14 July – Essex 100
My birthday is on the 14th. What better way to celebrate than by finishing what could be my 27th 100 miler!
- 26-28 July – KACR 145 miles
Part of the Canal Slam group of races which starts with the GUCR which I have completed twice, this races follows the Kennet & Avon Canals from Bristol to London
- 17 to 18 August – UK Centurions Race
I’m considering the possibility of going to the Isle of Man for the 2019 edition of the UK Centurions Race
- 24 to 25 August
I’m also considering the possibility of walking the Liverpool to Leeds Canal Race – which is the third race in the Canal Slam group of races
- Mid September – Roubaix 28 hour race
I have done this race in 2014, 2015 and 2017 and would love to go back – but I have heard that it may be cancelled this year.
Another possibility for mid-September is the Sri Chinmoy 24 hour track race at Tooting Bec in London. A great opportunity to compete in a 24 hour race without having to do any travelling at all!
- Early October – St Thibault 24 hour race in France
- 17 to 20 October – Lon Las CYMRU 250 mile Ultra
A non-stop race from Holyhead in the North West of Wales to Cardiff.
My Bucket List:
These are races that I would like to do one day (finances permitting):
- Paris to London (I hope to do this for charity at some stage but I don’t think it will be this year)
- Comrades marathon in South Africa
- Badwater 135 – From the lowest point to the highest point in continental USA
- The remaining centurions races (USA, Australia, South Africa)
- Jogle (John o’Groats to Land’s End – 850 miles)
- Length of New Zealand (1,000 miles)
- Across the USA (3000+ miles)
- Swedish Fotrally (walk non-stop until you are the last man standing!)
- Probably many other events too!