My 2018 up-coming races include:
My plans for 2018 are once again based around the Privas 6 day race in August – my main race of the year.
- 21-22 April 2018 – Dijon 24 hour race (maybe)
Having been injured for most of the first 3 months of 2018, I need a long race to start building the mental strength I will need for the Privas 6 day race in August. If I do this, it will be more of a long training walk than a race.
- 19-20 May 2018 – Continental Centurions Race
I did this race in 2016 where I set NZ records for 100 miles and 24 hours. I would like to attempt to improve my 100 mile and 24 hour records if I’m fit enough.
- 9-10 June 2018 – Last Man Standing (UK)
The idea of this race is that competitors have to run (or in my case walk) a 4 mile loop every hour, starting on the hour. If you don’t finish within the hour, you are out. The winner is “the last man standing”. I thought this might be a bit of fun and good training.
- Early July – Paris to London
This will be my charity walk for 2018
- 19-25 August 2018 – 6 jours de France (again)
My third attempt to break the NZ 6 day record after going close in 2016 and failing miserably in 2017.
- mid September – Roubaix 28 hour race (again)
I’ve done this three times with two 200+ kilometer results (2015 and 2017)
My Bucket List:
These are races that I would like to do one day (finances permitting):
- Comrades marathon in South Africa
- Badwater 135 – From the lowest point to the highest point in continental USA
- The remaining centurions races (USA, Australia, South Africa)
- Jogle (John o’Groats to Land’s End – 850 miles)
- Length of New Zealand (1,000 miles)
- Across the USA (3000+ miles)
- Swedish Fotrally (walk non-stop until you are the last man standing!)
- Probably many other events too!